Thermoplastic polyeolefin (TPO) is one of the most common single-ply membranes used in commercial and industrial applications today. As a matter of fact, nearly 60% of all roofing in today’s commercial and industrial markets is TPO, and the global market is projected to reach $2.2 billion in the next 5 years.
Composed of polypropylene and ethylene propylene polymers reinforced with polyester, TPO roofs are prized for their extreme durability and versatility. Not only are they naturally fire resistant, but they are also extremely resilient to grease, oils, chemicals, and UV rays.
To learn more about this extremely functional single-ply roofing membrane or to work with a contractor who can install, repair, maintain, and restore your TPO roof, call the experts at East Texas Roof Works today at(903) 526-7419!
Benefits of TPO Roofing
While TPO is a relative newcomer to the single-ply roofing market, there are many outstanding features that make it a contender for property managers and building owners considering a new roofing system:
- Natural white color makes it a cool roof.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Various ways to install it include fully adhered, mechanical attachment, or ballasting.
- Seams can be heat welded or hot air compressed.
- Many reputable manufacturers have been dealing with TPO membranes for over a decade now and are reliable sources.
- Can withstand extreme temperatures without cracking.
- More cost-effective than another single-ply membrane, PVC.
- Average lifespan of 20+ years with proper maintenance.
- Come in a range of thicknesses.
TPO Roofing Maintenance
Like any roof, there are unique challenges and weaknesses that are inherent to TPO roofing. One of the most common issues that afflict TPO roofs is poor installation, which can lead to leaks, energy loss, etc. With proper, timely repairs and maintenance from East Texas Roof Works, your TPO roof should last well beyond its projected lifespan.
Our range of repair services includes:
- FREE TPO roof inspections – Our technicians are trained to assess every aspect of your TPO roof and provide a comprehensive report, along with recommended solutions.
- TPO roof repairs – Common repairs include general deterioration, thinning of the membrane, small cracks, etc.
- TPO roof emergency repairs – East Texas offers 24/7 emergency repair services.
- TPO roof maintenance/management – We recommend investing in regular, proactive roof maintenance with a fully customizable roof management plan. You choose what services are performed and how often (recommended 2x yearly).
- TPO roof restoration – When strategic repairs aren’t enough, East Texas Roof Works provides full-scale roof restoration via high quality protective roof coatings.
Experienced, Professional TPO Roof Installation
In order to ensure that you get the most out of your TPO roof, it should be installed by a licensed, qualified professional. The contractors at East Texas Roof Works are certified and experienced at TPO roof installation and replacement. We provide complete roof tear-offs and replacements, but can also re-cover your roof with a new TPO system, in some cases, eliminating the need to remove and dispose of your old roof.
If you are interested in a new roof system that can save you money, decrease maintenance costs, reduce energy loss, and boost curb appeal, schedule a free inspection and consultation in the Tyler, Texas area with East Texas today at (903) 526-7419. We look forward to working with you!